IMO Exam 2021 – The International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) is held by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) for students in grades 1 through 12. The SOF International Mathematics Olympiad tests students’ understanding of logical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and daily mathematics. The IMO exam is divided into two tiers. Level 1 is for students in classes 1 to 12, whereas Level 2 is for students in classes 3 to 12 who have passed Level 1.
- Application forms for the IMO test 2021 are distributed and submitted at the school level for a charge of Rs.125.
- The IMO Level 1 set A, B, and C tests for SOF IMO 2021 will be held on December 4 and 5, 2021, December 24 and 26, 2021, and January 8 and 9, 2022, respectively.
- Students should tackle the IMO sample papers 2021 to have a sense of the test format and key themes included in the examinations.
- The IMO outcome for level 1 for 2021 will be announced provisionally in January 2022.
- The dates for the IMO 2021 Level 2 exams will be revealed in January 2022.
- The level 2 IMO outcome is expected to be revealed in March 2022.
- Students should study the IMO syllabus 2021 for level 2 to pass the test with flying colours.
Syllabus for Class 6
Understanding Elementary Shapes, Integers, Fractions, Decimals, Data Handling, Mensuration, Algebra, Ratio and Proportion, Symmetry, Practical Geometry, Knowing Our Numbers, Whole Numbers, Playing with Numbers,
Basic Geometrical Ideas, Integers, Fractions, Decimals, Data Handling, Mensuration, Algebra, Ratio and Proportion, Symmetry, Practical Geometry,
Odd One Out, Series Completion, Coding-Decoding, Mathematical Reasoning, Mirror Images, Embedded Figures, Patterns, Direction Sense, Number Ranking, and Alphabetical Test are all examples of problems based on figures.
Eligibility Criteria for IMO 2021
For the IMO test 2021-22, there are no specified qualifying requirements.
- Students in grades 1 through 12 are eligible to take the SOF IMO 2021 test.
- Students in grades 1 through 12 will take the Level 1 Exam.
- Students in grades 3 to 12 who pass the Level 1 test are summoned to take the Level 2 exam.
Candidates for the International Monetary Organization (IMO) examination should familiarise themselves with the prerequisites. An annual mathematical competition for schoolchildren, the International Mathematics Olympiad is organised by the Science Olympiad Foundation and held in the United Kingdom.
The following information is provided for the convenience of students: the complete list of IMO Olympiad eligibility requirements. It’s worth mentioning that the International Maritime Organization’s test qualifying requirements are rather lax and haven’t been altered in many years. Students should familiarise themselves with the whole set of IMO exam eligibility standards before commencing their IMO test preparation to guarantee that they are qualified to take the exam in the first place. Eligibility Criteria 2021-22 are being examined by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
Students from Special Operations Forces (SOF) schools are entitled to apply for IMO. Schools must choose a test date that is convenient for them and register for it at least 30 days before the test date to participate. If any students are interested in taking the SOF IMO exam, they may do so at their respective universities.
Individual registrations will be considered if the schools are unable to participate in the IMO exam due to scheduling conflicts. The SOF IMO exam needs a minimum of ten students from each participating institution to participate.
- Students in grades 1 through 12 who want to assess their academic achievement in mathematics are eligible to take the Level 1 IMO examinations paper.
- The IMO test is divided into two levels: Level 1 and Level 2.
- Students who passed the level 1 IMO exam with a minimum score are eligible to take the level 2 IMO test.
Level 1 IMO Exam Eligibility Criteria
Regardless of academic achievement, all students in grades 1 through 12 are entitled to take the Level 1 IMO test. The reasonable qualifying conditions for level 1 IMO examinations paper contribute to a higher level of engagement among students all around the globe. Students in grades 1 to 12 who are pursuing school in the nation or abroad can apply for the IMO level 1 test.
Level 2 IMO Exam Eligibility Criteria
Students in Classes 3 through 12 take the IMO Level 2 examinations. Students in these courses who scored at least a B on the Level 1 IMO test paper are then considered for the Level 2 exam. The following are the requirements for students who want to take the level 2 IMO test paper.
- Level 2 tests at the international level are available to the top 5 students.
- The Level 2 IMO test is open to the top 25 students in each class and zone.
- Top scorers in each area are also eligible to take the IMO Level 2 test.
- Rank holders from each participating institution, with a minimum of 10 students from each class taking the test and scoring 50% or above.
- Students in Classes 1 and 2 are not obliged to take the level 2 test since their grades will be determined by their performance on the level 1 exam.
The following is the exam structure followed in the IMO Exam Questions Papers for Classes 5 to 12. You can also have a look at IMO Sample Paper 1 with Answers For Class 6 to understand the structure more efficiently:
- Students who are taking the tests must answer 50 questions.
- The IMO test lasts 60 minutes if you try 50 questions.
There are four sections in the IMO Exam Question Paper for Classes 5 to 12.
The first section is on logical thinking ( 15 questions )
Section 2: Mathematical Inference (20 questions)
Section 3 – Basic Mathematical Concepts ( 10 questions)
Achievers Section (Section 4) ( 5 questions)
Interested students must also pay a certain amount in registration fees.
- Registration costs for Indian schools are INR 125 per student.
- USD to be used as registration fees for students in Indian schools. For test administration, instructor pay, or other incidental costs, schools may charge an extra INR 25 (with GST) or USD 1 (for overseas students).