Building a good reputation takes a lot of time, but destroying all the efforts take just a second. In today’s digital generation, a person can be defamed very easily. In order to avoid such situations, you have to keep in mind some basic things, which are going to help you in maintaining your reputation.
It doesn’t matter whether you have opted for JIRA jobs or JBPM jobs – the below tips can help you avoid building a bad reputation at workplace.
- Don’t Be Nosy: Many people have a habit of interrupting others. And this habit is very irritating as no one likes to get interrupted in their jobs. Further, if you have an idea or suggestion, there are many different ways to communicate properly in such a way that the other person does not get the feeling of being interrupted.
- Don’t Act Over-Smart: Being smart is nice, but sometimes overdoing things is not acceptable by everyone as people start getting irritating if you get too much involved with them. Sharing knowledge is good, but up to a limit.
- Have a Positive Attitude: Just keep your relationship with everyone healthy and good. Never let anyone feel that you are not interested in what their opinions are or about their ideas or suggestions.
- Keep Your Body Language Correct: Most people have a habit of judging a person by their body language only. So, to make a good and positive impression on someone, you just need to keep your body language correct and also be clean and tidy.
- Always Keep Your Word:Keeping up your word is one of the most important things someone looks for in a person and the whole game of trust is based upon keeping your word. If you keep your word then you knowingly or unknowingly start building trust on yourself. Eventually, people start having faith in you and are now going to trust you moreand rely on you for more important things.
- Never Mislead Anyone: If you don’t have the confidence that you can correctly guide someone then don’t even mislead them by providing half knowledge as half knowledge is certainly more dangerous than no knowledge. So, just try to be relevant all the time and only provide information that you are sure of.
- Be Consistent: Don’t be a moody person as it really annoys people and distracts them from your knowledge and talents. Instead, try to be competent and support others.